Only If...

If You were the Sunflower, stuck to your roots,

Wishing to soar high, not afraid to lose.

If I were the Sun, carefree and ignorant,

I do what I do, never noticing you.

Then one day, I stopped on my path, it was half past noon

What if I chanced upon you, almost like a boon?

Would I have held on or let you go?

Knowing that your death resides in us, not life?

For you would have seen how I burn, every moment

Every day, giving hope and light, like a candle burning itself

Perhaps you would understand, why we weren't meant to be

Maybe we were the story that never should be.


If I were the Sunflower, stuck to my roots,

You are my sun, miles away in pursuit.

I follow you around from dawn to dusk,

Knowing that you perhaps don't notice me

Doesn't make me regret it much.

I care not for a story to tell, nor for a perfect ending I pray

My love for you is not to impress,

But I will keep trying till you acknowledge. 

~ Suranya



Comments