Your Home

 I walk the path unknown, I wait from dawn to dusk.

Looking at the horizon, you rode away once to

Fulfil your Dharma.

You promised me love, the one love I waited for

Beyond this lifetime.

You were so different yet so similar, a mystery yet familiar,

The Light in my Darkness of Life.

You are my God, I Your humble Devotee,

You are Love, I Your faithful Lover.

You made Music, and I danced to your Tune.


I hear You have found a home and made palaces and cities of your own.

I hear You have won wars; run away from some unscathed.

I prayed every day for You.

But I wonder, in my own grief and loneliness at times,

Do you ever want to know my wishes?


I wished to have a corner of your heart to myself.

I wish we could tell the world about Love,

How a woman my age, could fall for a boy cowherd.

How Love bloomed in the Vrindavan when we met

Our souls recognised each other with no regrets.

I wish I was right there, beside you on a swing

You would have made it just for me.

I wish I could wear the Vermillion every day,

In Your Name, instead of his.


I smile at my despair, I have lost all hope.

Love is so much pain; Your Radha can no longer cope.

I decided to end this life of Sin, I pray you remember me.

I want to separate from this agony that engulfs me.

I hope you are happy, in a new world you made.

But for once, just for once, before my leap of faith

I wish, O Beloved, I wish, so much,

That I was the One, at least in this lifetime

The One you called your Home.


~ Suranya

(08.09.2018)



Comments