Wild Heart

 Wreaths of Rhododendrons, smell of Jasmine,

Rose petal sprinklers, Tube rose perfumes

But the sweetest smell was still

That of your painted hands in mine.

A merriment in court, drums and dancers

Yet the most beautiful music maker

Is the anklets that twinkle in your feet.

A palace of marbles, a fort conquered

But the most beautiful home,

Remains your open courtyard.

A royal title, a guard of honour,

Your letters are still my greatest rewards.

A rule laid, fate intervened

The heart remains a rebel at war,

I paint your pictures on my walls.


A gust of wind travels across the land

Over the desert and into the plains,

It brings a tint of dust from your garden to me.

I know my heart is transformed, the soul bound to you

Against the society and its norms

For eternity and beyond.

Wild and untamed, Love knows no bounds,

No borders or faith, titles or decorum.

It belongs to you, your smile, your touch.

You made me a rebel for life

In a rebellion for love.

~ Suranya

(15.07.2018)



Comments