The Letter

 I sat with my pen and paper, thoughts shrouding my mind

I stared at the blank page, putting it aside.

I started typing in the .doc, backspaces speaking more than me

While I carefully chose my words, restricting my emotions from you.

Ranting through the sleepless nights, insomniac and restless,

My heart spoke a thousand feelings my words couldn't express.

I opened the page and stared at your name with longing.

My finger lingered on it before I smiled knowing,

What exactly I needed to do!


Speaking my words, unsaid, in silence was always my thing.

I sent you the email and smiled pleased.

You received it with a frown perhaps,

A blank mail was all you would see.

No words from a writer were unexpected,

She who wrote pages of thoughts lost her words?

Then I know you would smile at it, intrigued by the mystery

Knowing who I am from the soul.

There was something more to it, waiting to unfold.


That was when I knew I found a soulmate in you,

For you discovered what others did not see.

Words wrapped carefully in white fonts

Popping up when selected, were my emotions

Hidden and never said out loud.


~ Suranya

(2017)



Comments