Romantic Warrior

 What has the moon decided to tell the wind today

That it gushes around me in such a merry dance?

I sit down on the open roof, carelessly with a smile.

Once again, it is night, a time to feel You near me.

A time for musing.


The wind frolics around me like a child at play,

Tossing my open hair around as I shiver a little

I hug my knees as though I would hug You.

I grasp in vain, trying to catch the wind and decipher its words.

Perhaps Your thoughts that the moon once witnessed

The wind brings to me today.


I grow restless to feel you near me,

For I know, the moon and the wind know no time or tide.

Eras and centuries are not for the eternal universe.

The darkness is gone now, the moon reveals herself from the cloud.

The moonlight makes my tears look like

Dazzling droplets of diamonds tonight.

For tonight I feel you near me, yet so far

Like my soul is complete yet void.


Tonight I am drenched in the moonlight

In my thirst for your soul.

Yet the moonbeam cannot quench my thirst

For it is the knowledge that I seek

And knowledge this world has none.

Of Souls and Boundless Universe

Chaos and Order.

Poetry and Stories.

Chivalry and Love.

This world only knows war and weapons.

Irony perhaps, that You my warrior,

Taught me things about Love.

~ Suranya

(08.03.2018)





Comments