Renaissance

I love those places where signal strength is low,

Where phones don't work and you are truly alone.

I love those (places) the most where the arches speak,

Domes speak of stories long forgotten in History.

In them, I see His stories, the past that I seek.

Once Upon A Time, I had this feeling.

I chanced upon the perfect place

Dreams came true there, so strongly I felt!

The water of an unnamed Lake met the gentle breeze.

The white stoned Domes, standing in silence,

For a few centuries.

A silence full of noises, of a past that haunts.

There was also a lamp flickering, fighting the wind.

A plaque, attributed to a Braveheart and his kin.

There I was, sitting on the marble, staring at Him;

What remains of Him perhaps, a name, fame, ashes and memories

Immortal deeds, innumerable stories, waiting to be told.

The silence there spoke, more than anyone else ever did.

They say people are granted a new life,

With every life-altering moment.

Do you know, 

They sometimes meet themselves as well,

In these rare moments?

Disconnecting myself from the world around me,

This was my Renaissance.


Suranya

(On Maharana Pratap Cenotaph, Mewar on 24.10.2017)






Comments