Questions

How can I make people believe in something

If I don't see it myself?

How can I make people have faith, in the purest form of Love

When it seems absent around me?

I fold my hands in prayer before you,

"Show me a way, to make my purposes true."

You smile at me, in your calmness

A moment of silence passes by,

I stare with bated breath waiting,

A question comes to mind.

Was I being too selfish here? 

Was I asking for things beyond my fate?

My devotion to You was never selfish, I took pride in my faith.


The silence broke in a very usual way, with a notification pop on my phone.

I finish my prayers, hoping You would answer me, 

With all the trust I have in You.

With that, I checked my phone.

Someone had asked me an eager question,

What was the love You shared with Her like?

It did not last, yet again You found Her

For eternity and beyond.

There was a sudden shiver down my spine,

I smiled in realisation, knowing that was You.

Of course, what I believe in exists, maybe not around me.

But in the frame that You shared with Her, in You and in Me.


~ Suranya

(13.09.2018)



Comments