Queen of Love

 I see the night break into dawn every day,

The shadows disappear into light;

I lose my grip on reality again

Intoxicated with the wine of desire.

I lose You as the stars fade one by one,

The blue illusion appears clearer,

The wind doesn't whisper your stories anymore

Till the sun burns into moonlight tonight.


Decades have turned into eras,

Bodies and identities transformed.

Yet my thirst for Love remains,

I wait for a path of enlightenment

To meet Your soul somewhere.

My soul burns in the flame of Love

Waiting for You to show the way.

Tonight I feel You in me

Your Sahiba-E-Dil summons You.


After decades of unfulfilled dreams and desires

Tonight I rise from the ashes of pain,

Like a phoenix brave enough to fly.

Tonight under the stars,

I choose to give my love a name,

A path of hope and light

I dare to call it Devotion

And myself Your ardent devotee.


O Deity of my Heart,

Beloved of the shrine in my heartbeat

Without You, I am a mere slave in love;

With You upon the throne of my Soul, I am the Queen.

~ Suranya

(08.07.2018)



Comments