Celibacy

 Can I ever be pure again, from the heart, soul, mind and body?

Be Chast in this selfish world, that dirtied my mind with its sins?

Can I ever be naive again? Oh, how my heart longs for it.

I put up a wall around me, that shields me from the world.

I do not want this society, its meaningless deeds and ways.

I do not feel at home, my heart refuses to acknowledge it.

Yet again the darkness engulfs me; the walls around me narrow

Taller and taller they rise above me; I struggle to breathe.

I struggle to find my way, for the light I see is not in the end.

"You don't belong here." The bricks whispered taunts.

I shut my ears, and close my eyes.

I feel vulnerable as I sink.

The ground beneath me changes form,

I struggle to escape as I drown in it.

Deeper and deeper the darkness does not fade,

Is that Death I see lurking around?

"Will you dare to listen to your heart again?"

A mocking voice in my head repeats.

I struggle to stand up, with my heart thumping.

"Yes, yes yes!"

With every word the darkness fades, and the moon shines above me.

The stars come out one by one and I breathe freely again.

The heart remains chaste by deeds and thoughts

A soul beyond the facade.

One by one the stars fade out, the sun rising 

On the dawn of realisation

And my heart beats on.

~ Suranya



Comments