But You Don't Care For Music, Do You?

I can love you, but I can't be in love with you.

Confused? Well, that's the thing about me.

I can muse on you like you are my world

Compare you to a boundless sky

Or perhaps the deepest forestland.

Then, bored by the same I can forget you

Like a trail of unpleasant memories.


I can pretend you are perfect, glorify your goodness.

You may be compelled to think you are the best thing

That ever happened to me.

Or perhaps I don't deserve better.

That's the thing about me.


But in my head, in the secret vivid list, I count on.

I counted your mistakes, and labelled your sins.

I may often pretend to like your interests, you may participate in mine.

But that's the thing about me.


I don't want to pretend, neither do I need someone to fake,

You may talk of pleasure, kisses, gifts and moments,

I will pretend to love it all, but that is not my thing.

I don't like those gifts where you pay, to tell the world you care.

I like the ones that show that you do instead, 

But I will never tell you aloud, about my secret desires.


I may forgive you easily, laugh at your jokes, sweep away issues

That caused my deepest bruises and scars.

But I never forget what hurts.

I will never forget you, or the way your eyes shine with smiles,

Or perhaps the things you find annoying,

Your peculiar habits, allergies and swears.

But I will definitely forget you, the one I had in my heart.


Once in a while, you will chance upon my writings,

You will think they are about you.

You will read my characters imagining,

They purposefully mirror you.

But that's the thing about me, for someone else will think so too.


I end up shattered, in tears of agony, for loving deeply.

But I am quick to gather my broken pieces to give love another chance.

With each pain, each drop of sweat, blood, tears

My ink pens it all and my belief grows stronger.

The belief that you once discarded as silly immaturity.


That's the thing about me, I may be hurt in love,

I may not find it easy, but I won't give up on it either.

The Chords may have stuck with you, but I demand to feel

Like an orchestra in an opera

A symphony to string my heart,

To make sure it is LOVE.


~ Suranya

(07.07.2018)



Comments